Thursday, May 2, 2013

Birth and Birthdays


Today I turn 24 years old and recently time snuck up on me again and reminded me that my little has turned another month older as well...

Since having Hadden my outlook on birthdays has changed drastically. In a way I feel a child’s birthday is just as much theirs as it is their mothers.
After, technically, 10 months of carrying a child who essentially becomes a part of you, you both work together and go through one of the most miraculous, challenging and beautiful things either of you had ever experienced.
I remember shortly after my water broke the contractions started to become stronger and something incredible took place. I could feel Hadden move. Not like before though when I could feel him. He was working with me. Every contraction, at least for a while, I could feel him move with it. He was working so hard. He was laboring just as much as I was.
I'll never forget our special time together when he was in my belly. And I will most certainly never forget how we worked together through one of the longest nights of my life.
When he turns 1 at the end of September, I will celebrate those memories along with the amazing year we had together and the many more to come. You see, when he was born, he took a part of me with him. There's a small hole in me that only he can fill, that only his love can satisfy.
Birthday's are so much more than turning another year older. As a mother they mean so much more to me than I could even begin to understand let alone relay to others, but it was something I needed to express and get off my chest.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, “The days are long, but the years are short”.



No comments:

Post a Comment