Saturday, January 21, 2012

Raw No Bake Vegan Rise Energy Bar Recipe

raw no bake vegan gluten free rise energy bar
Lately I have been obsessed with making raw no bake bars for a few reason:
A. They are delicious B. Convenient C. Inexpensive D. Healthier than most grab-on-the-go snacks.

Ever since I received a sample of the Blueberry Coconut Rise Energy bar I have been dying for another, or three... but they are extremely expensive in my opinion at about $2 a bar. Luckily my new obsession with no bake bars gave me enough confidence to whip up my very own version of this bar from scratch, with out a recipe, which is unheard of in my kitchen.
Here is what you will need:

raw no bake vegan gluten free rise energy bar recipe ingredients
Dump all of the ingredients in to your food processor or blender. Blend until all of your ingredients are mixed well and chopped in to fine pieces. I use the Ninja Master Prep Professional and it is truly amazing.

Shape your bars how ever you prefer. You can either press then in to a pan, shape in to balls, press in to mini personal sized containers or what ever you find easy and most convenient. *If you choose to use a baking pan, do not cut until after you have chilled them.

I bought these mini personal sized containers 10 for $1 at The Dollar Store. They're a great size and the bars just pop right out of them!

Once you have firmly shaped your bars, cover/wrap and place them in to the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour.

Keep refrigerated for a week (maybe longer) or frozen for long term preserving.
I keep all of mine in the freezer until I am ready to eat one or throw one in a packed lunch.

This particular recipe was made in a 8 1/2 x 6 1/2 glass baking dish. Serving size 8 bars, depending on how you cut them.

raw no bake vegan gluten free rise energy bar
Beware, these chewy bars are extremely addicting.


Other Raw Bar Recipes I Approve Of:

Coconut Peanut Butter Bars
Servings: 12 depending on size
1 cup pitted dates
3/4 cup dried shredded coconut
3/4 cup roasted unsalted peanuts (if you choose to use lightly salted omit pinch of salt)
1 tbsp nut butter
pinch of sea salt
1/3 cup carob or chocolate chips

Oatmeal Raisin Bars
1/2 cup raisins
6 tbsp quick oats/ 7 grain cereal
1/2 cup walnuts
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract

Chocolate Brownie Bars (Taste like Clif Bars)
Servings: 4 average sized bars
1 cup walnuts
1 and 1/3 cups pitted dates
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
4 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
carob or chocolate chips
pinch of sea salt

To make your bars more chewy and soft add more dates, raisins or brown rice sugar.







2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I also sampled some Rise bars and found this recipe while searching for a way to make them myself. So expensive, but so delicious! I also have some chia seeds I want to incorporate. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chia seeds sound like a great addition! I hope you got a chance to make these :O)

      Delete